What is the meaning of Women Empowerment?. Women Empowerment refers to the creation of an environment for women where they can make decisions of their own for their personal benefits as well as for the society. The subject of empowerment of women has become a burning issue all over the world including India since last few decades. Many agencies of United Nations in their reports have emphasized that gender issue is to be given utmost priority. It is held that women now cannot be asked to wait for any more for equality. Inequalities between men and women and discrimination against women have also been age-old issues all over the world. Thus, women’s quest for equality with man is a universal phenomenon. What exists for men is demanded by women?
They have demanded equality with men in matters of education, employment, inheritance, marriage, politics and recently in the field of religion also to serve as a cleric (in Hinduism and Islam). Women want to have for themselves the same strategies of change which menfolk have had over the centuries such as equal pay for equal work. Their quest for equality has given birth to the formation of many women’s associations and launching of movements.
Women Empowerment itself elaborates that Social Rights, Political Rights, Economic stability, judicial strength and all other rights should be also equal to women.There should be no discrimination between men and woman. Women should know their fundamental and social rights which they get once they born.
- There should be respect and dignity towards Women.
- Have total independence’s of their own life and lifestyle inside the home and also outside at their work.
- They should make their decision, by their own choice.
- They should have a high social respect in society.
- They have equal rights in society and other judicial works.
- They should not be discriminated while providing any type of education.
- They should select their own economic and financial choices by their own.
- There should not be any discrimination between woman and man while giving jobs and employment.
- They should have safe and secured Working location with proper privacy.
Why is Women Empowerment Important?
1. Underemployed and unemployed: Women population constitutes around 50% of the world population. A large number of women around the world are unemployed. The world economy suffers a lot because of the unequal opportunity for women at workplaces.
2. Equally competent and intelligent: Women are equally competent. Nowadays, women are even ahead of men in many socio-economic activities.
3. Talented: Women are as talented as men. Previously, women were not allowed higher education like men and hence their talents were wasted. But nowadays, they are also allowed to go for higher studies and it encourages women to show their talents which will not only benefit her individually but to the whole world at large.
4. Overall development of society: The main advantage of Women Empowerment is that there will be an overall development of the society. The money that women earn does not only help them and or their family, but it also helps develop the society.
5. Economic Benefits: Women Empowerment also leads to more economic benefits not to the individuals but to the society as well. Unlike earlier days when they stayed at home only and do only kitchen stuff, nowadays, they roam outside and also earns money like the male members of the society. Women empowerment helps women to stand on their own legs, become independent and also to earn for their family which grows country’s economy.
6. Reduction in domestic violence: Women Empowerment leads to decrease in domestic violence. Uneducated women are at higher risk for domestic violence than educated women.
7. Reduction in corruption: Women Empowerment is also advantageous in the case of corruption. Women empowerment helps women to get educated and know their rights and duties and hence can stop corruption.
8. Reduce Poverty: Women Empowerment also reduces poverty. Sometimes, the money earned by the male member of the family is not sufficient to meet the demands of the family. The added earnings of women help the family to come out of Poverty trap.
9. National Development: Women are increasingly participating in the national development process. They are making the nation proud by their outstanding performances almost every sphere including medical science, social service, engineering, etc.
10. Irreplaceable in some sectors: Women are considered irreplaceable for certain jobs.
At the international level, however, the initiatives to improve editions for the women have resulted in the creation of an international legal framework to achieve legal equality by. UN bodies are also continually striving to bring about equality by raising public awareness and by a commitment to change long-ingrained traditions and attitudes, rich prolong discriminations.
The task is not too difficult to achieve. The honesty and sincerity on the part of those involved is a must. If the lots of women change, definitely it will have a positive impact on society. Hence, the women’s empowerment is the need of the hour.
Suggested Articles :
- Small Scale Industries in India : Definition and Small Scale Business Ideas
- What is WiFi, Types, How does WiFi Work and Advantages
- 35 Unique Most Profitable Food Business Ideas in 2017
- National Tree of India (Banyan) : Features, Significance and Uses
- How to Become a Paytm Seller | Step by Step Procedure
- How to Start a School in India | Procedure, Documents Required
- Types of Soil in India | Check 6 Major Types of Soil Classified by ICAR
- Essay on Corruption : How to Fight against Corruption in India
- National Income : Definition, Concepts and Methods of Measuring
- What are the Major Elements of Communication Process?
Hope this article will help you to check the empowerment of women. Share this article ” Women Empowerment Essay ” to your friends.