What is the process to transfer your SBI bank account from one branch to another branch? In the previous articles, we have given How to Check your SBI Account Balance in Different ways and How to Block SBI ATM Card. Today we are discussing How to transfer SBI bank account from one branch to another branch? State Bank of India is a leading bank in India with a network of over 13000 branches. Most of the people in India prefer to have a bank account in SBI. However, people may like to transfer their SBI Bank Account to another branch due to temporary or permanent relocation to another location. The place can be in the same city or even another city.
If you already have a Bank Account in State Bank of India in any Branch located in India, you can follow the steps mentioned below to get your Bank Account transferred to another Branch.
SBI Account Transfer Procedure
1) Go to your current SBI branch and ask for a form for an account transfer.
Click Here to download SBI account transfer form.
2) Visiting the Home Branch with Required Documents
To transfer your SBI Bank Account, you first need to visit the home branch i.e., the Branch where you have your Bank Account.
a) An application to the Branch Manager mentioning your Account Details and that you want to change your Branch. Do check your details on your Application like Name on Account, Account Number, Old Branch and New Branch.
b) A copy of Address Proof (If you want to Change your Address on the Account). You can submit a copy of Address Proof documents like Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card, Passport, Bank Passbook etc.
(c) Copy of Pan Card
(d) Original Bank Passbook (Not Mandatory). Just in case the Bank Officials ask for you Bank Passbook, you must carry your Bank Passbook with you.
3)Fill in the details required. This also includes branch name and code of the new branch (so check that before going).
4)Go to the new branch after 1 to 2 working days and submit the KYC. This includes a photograph proof and an address proof. If you have an AADHAR card nothing else is required.
General guidelines for bank account transfer from one city to another
Here are some general guidelines regarding account portability:
1. Different Banks have a different procedure. Check with your bank and ask for the specific procedure. I have provided the process of some of the banks I have interacted with.
2. If you have submitted valid and up to date KYC documents to your previous branch, no need to submit them again in the new branch.
3. When you transfer your bank account from one branch to another, your account number, customer id etc will remain the same.
4. You will be able to use your Internet Banking facility as usual and you can continue to see all previous transactions, payees etc from the previous branch.
5. Most banks will issue you a fresh cheque book with your new address printed on it.
6. If your address is changed, you will need to submit new address proof document.
7. If your’s is a joint account, both account holders must sign the application.
8. You may use this same procedure to convert an NRE account to a Savings account.
9. Some banks require that you must surrender your checkbooks, pass book and debit card before you can transfer your account. However, most banks will allow you to keep the credit card since that is not really linked with your specific to the location of your savings account.
- SBI Balance Enquiry : How to Check SBI Account balance in Different ways?
- SBI Account Transfer : How to Transfer SBI Account From One Branch to Another
- EDC (Card Swipe) Machine : How to Use, Order, Price, Charges in India
- How to Block SBI ATM Card through Online, SMS, Customer Care
- Small Scale Industries in India : Definition and Small Scale Business Ideas
- What are the Objectives and Functions of Reserve Bank of India?
- What is Fiscal Policy : Definition, Types and Purpose
- What are the Primary and Secondary Functions of Commercial Banks?
- What is CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) | Calculator, Formula
- Debt Equity Ratio : Formula, Analysis, How to Calculate, Examples
Hope this article will help you to check the details of SBI account transfer. Share this article ” how to transfer SBI account from one branch to another through online ” to your friends.