What Is NSR (National Skills Registry)?. NSR is an initiative taken by NASSCOM. NASSCOM is the trade association of all the IT / ITeS / BPO companies in India. NASSCOM wants to promote the interests of IT & ITeS industry and help it grow. NASSCOM has taken up a significant initiative called “Trusted Sourcing.” This initiative aims to develop and project the industry as a Safe and Trusted destination for sourcing, development, outsourcing and process work so that overseas clients develop confidence with the safety of our industry and assign more work.
One of the important attributes of the Trust and Safety environment is robust and credible information about industry employees. This is not available today; every company needs to collect information about employees, use its practices to get such information verified and then present to clients.
This process is both costly and inefficient and also does not reflect upon trust environment in good light. NASSCOM, at the request of its member companies, has taken up the initiative to develop a robust information infrastructure about all present and prospective employees of the industry called “National Skill Registry (NSR).” NSR facilitates the development of Fact Sheet of Credible, Permanent and Accessible information about each registered person.
Is National Skills Registry (NSR) Mandatory:
While joining a new company, the HR will ask you to apply for NSR. If you have time to register and give biometric data, you can do it. However, if you want to avoid it due to lack of time, you may skip it. But don’t tell the HR, you don’t want to do it. Say that you have applied for it or planning to apply soon. NSR may help you in the background check if you are a regular job hopper but it won’t have any adverse affect on your employment even if you don’t do it. Every company has it’s own Background Check (BGC) mechanism. Anyways, it’s good to know about NSR.
What is in it for me?
- Having a permanent profile on an industry-wide database driven by NASSCOM.
- NSR Registration will be promoted as a benchmark standard for information security.
- Enhanced credibility of registered and verified information.
- Deterrent for competing job applicants with inflated and bloated profiles.
- Safe and verified repository of your personal, education and career details
- Companies can view the profile only with individual’s permission
- You will get an access to your profile where you can update / edit information, have access to who visits your profile etc.
What is in it for the Employer ?
- Image enhancement as a Secure Off-shoring destination, with Global client’s confidence.
- Industry-wide common accepted standards for back ground check practices.
- Self-sustaining system for hosting & sharing existing information as an industry resource and collecting / verifying new information.
- Create Uniqueness among registered professionals, ensuring that only genuine candidates are applying for employment.
NSR (National Skills Registry) Registration Steps:
1) Open Internet Explorer (IE) and IE only!! Go to https://nationalskillsregistry.com and complete the registration as a new user. Click “Register Now”. Read the NSR Registration process instructions carefully and make sure you have all the details (pan card number, passport number (if any), Roll numbers of 10th, 10+2, graduation etc.) with you!
2) Select NSR Registration Requested By “My Future Employer”, choose “Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.” (You can always change the details later, you don’t need to select anything right now. You can later edit your profile and can provide your employee ID after you have one)
3) Fill up the address properly. No need to give commas(,) and full stops(.) as those will be provided later. First, provide your House/Street no., then Street Name, Area, and State. Provide phone numbers with ISD code (91) and Area Code. Enter your E-mail ID carefully because your IT-PIN will be initially sent to your email.
4) During the Authentication part, you have to provide a secret question, an answer, a Login ID and two passwords. On submitting, you will get your Acknowledgment number. Write down the Acknowledgement number, Login ID, secret question answer and the passwords you have given, somewhere safe.
5) Note down the Acknowledgement number and fill the rest of the qualifications form. Submit that and you’ll get a form asking about your Employer. Select “No” and choose your company by clicking on “Click for selecting employer company” and writing “Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.” in the Search Box. You’ll get the result and then select it. After that, scroll down and click on “Submit and View”. Verify your details, scroll down and click “Continue your registration by doing the Payment” if everything is correct.
6) Then choose the payment mode. You can either pay online or at the location of POS (Offices assigned by NASSCOM) https://nationalskillsregistry.com/pos-details-register.htm. It’s better to pay at the POS office where you’ll do your fingerprint scanning!! So choose “Payment to be made by Demand Draft/Cash at the location of POS”.
7) Now you will get your ITP Web Registration Acknowledgement Form. You have to print this, paste your recent photograph and take it to your POS.
8) After you’re done, go to the POS office with the Acknowledgment form, pay Rs. 337 and get the Biometrics done. Carry your ID proof with you (voter ID, pan card etc).
9) After this, you will get your ITPIN after a week or so. It will be sent to your email address along with the e-card. Take two printouts of this e-card (with your pic in it) and sign below the card (self-attestation)! You’ll need to submit this after your joining.
10) Submit your ITPIN number in the TCS Portal, https://nextstep.tcs.com/ (use IE for anything in NextStep).
How does it benefit me?
NSR registration provides the registered persons with an industry preferred profile on a central system. All leading companies participate in this initiative and would request reference to such profile. Registration also provides with a secure identity and credible profile. NSR provides control over access to the profile to the registered person.
NSR also deters persons faking and inflating their CVs from competing for jobs based on hyped details. So all honest persons must register their correct details on NSR and stop the menace of faked resumes. Benefit to the IT and ITeS industry by developing client comfort and getting more work is benefit of the professionals working in the industry.
Increasingly, the foreign clients, especially, government or public bodies, are insisting on background check of an individual before recruitment. Thus, NSR verified resume ready for showcasing to such clients will have better opportunities. NSR could result in faster completion of HR processes (formalities) that depend on background checks.
Suggested Articles :
- How to Check Your Income Tax Refund Status Online | Process
- What are the (Know Your Customer) KYC Documents?
- TDS Rates For FY 2016-2017 and AY 2017-2018 | TDS Rate Chart
- Form 26AS : How to View and Download Your Tax Credit Statement
- How to Check EPF Claim status (or) PF Withdrawal Status online?
- Udyog Aadhar | MSME Online Registration Procedure
- Latest EPF Withdrawal Rules 2016 Which You Should Know
- Check the Difference Between PAN, TAN, DSC, DIN and TIN.
- Trademark Registration Process in India | Trademark Search
- New EPF Withdrawal Forms 19, 10C, 31 Claim without Employer’s Sign
Hope this article will help you to check the details of National Skills Registry (NSR) Registration Procedure and Benefits. Share this article ” National Skills Registry (NSR) Registration Procedure and Benefits ” to your friends.