The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India conducted CA IPCC and CA Final exams in the month of November 2017 and CA CPT exam in December 2017.
Nearly 5 lakh students attended these exams. Students who wrote these exams are eagerly waiting for their caresults. ICAI will release CA CPT and CA Final exam results on 18th January 2018 and CA IPCC results on 1st February 2018.
Generally, students who failed in the exam want to verify their answers sheets again or they want to check their certified copies of evaluated answer books.
ICAI is providing this facility that you can get your certified copies of evaluated answer books. Let’s check frequently asked questions on ICAI supply of certified copies.
ICAI Supply of Certified Copies/Inspection of Evaluated Answer Books
1. How do I apply for supply/inspection of certified copies of my evaluated answer books?
a) In case you are an Intermediate(IPC) / Final candidate, it is mandatory that you submit your application for inspection/supply of certified copies of answer books, online only. Physical application by such candidates will not be entertained.
b) In case you are Common Proficiency Test (CPT) / Post Qualification Courses (PQC) examinee, you can submit a physical application for inspection/ supply of certified copies of answer books, in the normal course, along with the Demand Draft for applicable fees.
Your application seeking certified copies of answer books should be in your own running (not all CAPS) handwriting and duly signed by you. In case you are a Hindi medium candidate, your application should be in Hindi. In case you are applying on-line, you will be required to upload the scanned copy of your signed handwritten request.
2. When do I get the copies of the answer books, once I submit an application?
We endeavor to provide you the certified copies of your answer books within 30 days from the date of receipt of your application at ICAI, complete in all respects.
3. I have already applied for inspection/certified copies of my evaluated answer books. Will the same application be treated as an application for verification also? Or do I have to make a separate application for verification?
Before providing certified copies/inspection of evaluated answer books to the examinees, verification of answer books, within the scope of Regulation 39(4), is also carried out, by the office, suo motu, in respect of all applications for inspection and/or certified copy of evaluated answer book(s) and in case of any discrepancy leading to increase in marks, a revised statement of marks is also sent to you.
However, in case you still notice a discrepancy, within the scope of verification as envisaged in Regulation 39(4), upon receipt of certified copies/inspection of evaluated answer books, you can bring it to the notice of the office, immediately on receipt of certified copies/inspection of evaluated answer books.
In case your request for verification/supply of certified copies of answer books relates to more than one paper, there is no need to submit two different applications. Further, in case you wish to apply for both verification as well as inspection / certified copies, you may send two separate applications for each.
4. I applied for certified copies of my evaluated answer books and received them. I am not satisfied with the evaluation of my answers and the marks awarded. I want to apply for re-evaluation of my answer book. Can I do so?
No. Re-evaluation of evaluated answer books is not permitted as per CA Regulations 1988.
5. I applied for certified copies of my evaluated answer books and received them. I notice that the marks awarded on the answer books are different from the marks on my statement of the mark? Why is it so?
In terms of Regulation 39(2) of the CA Regulations 1988, the Council of the Institute may, in its discretion, revise the marks obtained by all the candidates or a section of candidates in any particular paper or papers or in the aggregate in such manner as may be considered necessary. The term “section” used in the above-mentioned Regulation refers to the category of the candidates whose answer papers are valued by an examiner and such other category of candidates as may be specified by the Council.
Marks awarded on the answer books are the marks given by the examiner, based on the actual performance of the candidate. Marks given on the statement of marks include marks awarded in terms of Regulation 39(2) mentioned above.
6. I applied for certified copies of my evaluated answer books and received them. I notice that some part of the answers are not evaluated by the examiner or there is a totaling error or marks awarded have not been carried forward to the cover page or such other matters that fall within the scope of verification covered under Regulation 39(4). What should I do now?
You can write to the Joint Secretary (Exams) about the same, within 30 days from the date of the letter.
7. I applied for certified copies of my answer books and got them. However, pursuant to suo motu verification carried out by the office, upon my application for certified copies, marks awarded to me got revised. Will I get the refund of the fee paid by me for getting certified copies?
No. Fee paid for obtaining certified copies is not refundable, under any circumstances.
8. How do I come to know whether copies of answer books have been dispatched to me?
The online applicants can check the status of their application for certified copies at http://icaiexam.icai.org once you log in. You will be sent an email and SMS to your registered Email-ID and mobile phone on how to view/download the scanned copies of your answer books.
You can also send an email to the following Email IDs, as per the exam:
d[email protected] (For post qualification courses)
9. What are the steps involved in making an online application?
- Go to http://icaiexam.icai.org.
- Log in through your User ID and password and Click on “ApplyNow” against the activity “certified copies/Inspection” from your dashboard.
- A data entry screen will appear. Fields relating to your name, registration number, and medium of the examination would be displayed on the screen. You will have to enter the following data in the respective fields:
- Select Certified Copies or Inspection
- Select the papers for which you want Certified Copies or Inspection
- Please note that you can only select the papers in which you had appeared. In case of any wrong selection, the system will give an error message “Invalid selection”.
- Upload scanned copy of handwritten request duly signed containing all the relevant details like roll number, papers for which Inspection/Certified Copies are sought. If you had opted for Hindi medium in the examination, then the application must be in Hindi and if you appeared in the Exam in English then the application must be in English.
- In case of any discrepancy between the papers to be verified as mentioned in the scanned image and those ticked in the portal, the latter shall prevail.
- Once you select “Save and Preview” on the said screen, a confirmation page with the details, name, registration number, roll no., address, mobile no. landline number, email address and papers selected etc will appear. Please check all the details entered by you including the scanned image uploaded. You have to confirm the data you have filled in, by clicking on the “CONFIRM” button. In case any of the details you have filled in is incorrect, you can go back and make the necessary corrections wherever required, come back and confirm.
- Once you confirm the data, you will be directed to the payment page where you can make the payment either through your credit/debit card, master/visa/maestro. Payment by net banking is not permitted.
- Once payment is successful, a payment confirmation page will appear on the screen giving details of Roll No., Paper/s applied for verification, Amount Paid, Transaction response, control number etc with a remark “TRANSACTION SUCCESSFUL”, against the transaction response. The application will be successful only when the Control Number is correctly appearing and that it is not null or zero.
- Take a print out of the payment confirmation page, which serves the purpose of acknowledgment from the Institute and keeps it safe for your reference. That will be the acknowledgment. Remember to quote the transaction number appearing on the payment confirmation page in all future correspondence on the subject with the Institute.
- If the transaction is not successful, you can retry.
10. Apart from the applicable examination/verification/Certified copies or other fees payable to the Institute towards exam related services, are there any other charges to be paid by the candidate?
Yes. In addition to the applicable fee payable to the Institute by the candidate towards exam related services, they will be required to pay bank charges at the following rates, while paying the said fee, online through the payment gateway. These are charges payable by the candidate to the bank and will be recovered along with the applicable fee payable to the Institute:-
Domestic : Merchant discount Rates: 0.50% + Service Tax
Domestic Debit Cards:
- Domestic Debit Card up to Rs. 1000 : 0.25% + GST
- Domestic Debit Card greater than Rs. 1000 : 0.5% +GST
International Card: 0.5% +GST
11. The amount got deducted from my account but I do not get a “Successful” transaction screen. What do I do now?
If the screen shows the status of your transaction as “Not successful” or the Control Number is blank/ zero, then that means your online request is not received by us, even though the fee might have been deducted from your bank account. In such cases, the office will not be able to process your application, since the application is not there with the office. The fee relating to the failed transaction will be credited back to your bank account as per the procedure within 30 days of close of this application process. The status of your payment attempts can be checked against the relevant activity by clicking on the ‘Payment’ icon.
12. Should I upload scanned copy of my “Declaration” on the portal?
No. You need not upload scanned copy of your “Declaration” on the portal. However, you will be required to upload a scanned copy of your handwritten request, for the purpose of matching your handwriting with that on the answer books.
Please note that if the uploaded scanned image is not your handwritten application, but of some other document, then also your application will not be processed by the office. Such an application, even if it is a “SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION”, will not be treated as a valid application and will not be processed.
I hope with the help of this article, you can get your certified copies of CA IPCC or CA Final exams.
If you are still facing any issue, then let me know in the comments section.
Also, don’t forget to share this article with your friends.