How to Open a school in India. In the previous articles, we have given Top 10 Leasing and Renting Business Ideas and Top 10 Transport Business Ideas at Low Cost. Today we are discussing how to start a school in India. Starting a school is not just a business; it is also a social service where you impart education for the development of the country. It is one of the most satisfying business choices. But where people get confused in India is, ‘how to start a school?’ Opening a school is a complicated process with so many legal formalities and other essential steps. Proper planning and follow-up is essential to start a school and run it successfully. Some people take help of professional school consultants, while some give it a try themselves. If you fall in the second category, this process will help you out with your aim of starting a school in India.
Laws for Opening New Schools in India
- As per laws, provided that private organizations cannot open schools in India. The schools have to be operated by a society that has been created in accordance with the Societies Act of 1860 or by a trust that has been organized as per the Public Trust Act of individual states.
- A private entity willing to set up a school in India can also set up a company as prescribed by Section 25 of the Companies Act 1956.
- There are more to establishing schools in India than setting up an infrastructure that comprises classrooms, laboratories, and libraries.
- The laws state that the entity willing to open the school needs to create a society or trust, along with a governing board that has five to six members.
- The board should have a president, a secretary, and a chairman who are officially announced.
- Starting a school is not just a business; it is also a social service where you impart education for the development of a country.
- Opening a school is a complicated process with so many legal formalities and other essential steps. Proper planning and follow-up are essential to start a school and run it successfully.
Steps to be taken while starting a new school
- At first Determine the grade levels for your private school.
- Write a mission statement to focus your reasons for starting a private school
- Create a private school committee.
- Research your state’s educational requirements for private schools.
- Create the business entity.
- Write a business plan for your private school.
- Determine your budget and secure your funding.
- Find a peaceful location for your private school.
- Interview and hire critical staff members.
- Promote your private school.
- Open your business office at your school site.
- Interview and hire best faculty.
- Open your private school.
Important documents that are required
Important documents and licenses required while starting a school In India a lot of legal processes come into play with regard to starting a school. When the school trust or society is being formed there should be a Memorandum of Association. This document proves to be useful at all the later stages. The owners also need to have a well laid out project report of their school. The following details are regarded as being important as well:
- The land details
- Water certificates
- Hygiene certificates
- Auditor’s statements
- Bank statements of governing body and
- The member’s Completion of building certificates
Requirements for starting a Primary school in India :
- Today Primary education has received considerable emphasis in India in the last couple of decades. Be it the high-class schools in urban areas or the simple small schools in the rural parts, primary schools are now a necessity as people are realizing the importance of education.
- If you are planning to start your own primary school, it is a great business idea but it also requires a perfect planning of the requirements for opening a primary school in India and lot of efforts to keep it going great.
- At first, create a trust or a society minimum three members and to get it registered under either the India Trust Act or Societies Registration Act. The society created needs to be a Non-Profit organization
- Once you have registered the trust, you need to create a systematic business plan and also start working on it simultaneously.
- The task of acquiring a land in the area that you plan to open a school is very important.
- Arrangement for the capital is also a significant task. You can avail loan from finance institutes, banks, and other sources
- The approvals of the education department and the local Municipal authorities are now required.
- Application for the affiliation of a particular board or council can be started at this stage. You need to research the requirements and process for each board and then prepare for the submission.
- Next you need to plan the financial aspects of your school
- This involves the fee structure and other charges that you plan to propose. The number of staff members, their salaries.
- The most important step now is the advertisement and marketing of your brand. You can promote your brand through online and offline channels.
Requirements for starting a secondary school in India:
- Decide the location of your secondary school by researching the market and the audience. They type of school is also an important aspect.
- Decide the board or council for which you wish to apply for affiliation. This can help you get started with the setup and operations that are expected for the affiliations
- As you prepare the documentation of the affiliation, you can simultaneously work on the legal documents, NOCs, and other statutory approvals. Contact your local Municipal authorities, education department and health departments for more information.
- Basic infrastructure, interior, and human resource planning are a must for the approvals. These involve various aspects of land, building, layout, facilities and staff. Every board has its own set of conditions for a secondary school.
- Develop a complete and attractive website for your school. You also need to advertise through hoardings, handouts and other media. Advertising gets you a good response.
- Fee structure and facilities need to be decided well in advance when you submit your business plan. You can also apply for government grants if you wish too.
Suggested Articles :
- What is WiFi, Types, How does WiFi Work and Advantages
- 35 Unique Most Profitable Food Business Ideas in 2017
- National Tree of India (Banyan) : Features, Significance and Uses
- How to Become a Paytm Seller | Step by Step Procedure
- How to Start a School in India | Procedure, Documents Required
- Types of Soil in India | Check 6 Major Types of Soil Classified by ICAR
- Small Scale Industries in India : Definition and Small Scale Business Ideas
- Essay on Corruption : How to Fight against Corruption in India
- National Income : Definition, Concepts and Methods of Measuring
- What are the Major Elements of Communication Process?
Hope this article will help you to check the procedure to start/open a school in India. Share this article ” How to Start a School in India | Procedure, Documents Required ” to your friends.