How to Prepare CA CPT Accounts in 30 Days For June 2018. In the previous articles, we have given the articles about How to Prepare CA CPT Mercantile Law, General Economics, and Quantitative Aptitude in 30 days. Today we are providing the article on ” How to Prepare CPT Accounts in 30 Days“. In this article, you will get the details of Nature & Importance of CPT Accounts Subject, Recent trends in question papers, challenges that you will face in this subject and how to face them?, How to Prepare CPT Accounts in this Last Few Days?.This article has given by a private institute ” Master Minds ” for the benefit of CA CPT students. Read below.
How to Prepare CA CPT Accounts in 30 Days | June 2018
Nature & Importance of CPT Accounts Subject
1. In CPT course, Accounts is the subject, with highest weightage of marks.
2. For any reason, if you don’t write this subject well then you will not get the psychological motivation to write the remaining subjects well. So prepare this subject very well. This rule will apply to all the stages of CA course.
3. For students coming from Commerce background this is the most scoring So don’t neglect this subject.
4. If you get expert knowledge in this subject, then your chances of qualifying CA course will also increase because Accounts subject will play a major role to make you qualify for CA-IPCC and CA-Final levels too, even in the first attempt.
5. Weightage of Problems & Theory in Accounts (based on the analysis of past examinations)
- Attempts finished till now: Problems – 40%, Theory – 60%
- Expected weightage from next attempts: Problems – 60%, Theory – 40%
6. Useful for B.Com 1st year, 2nd year and CMA Foundation also.
Recent trends in question papers, challenges that you will face in this subject and how to face them?
|No.||Challenges that you face||How to overcome them|
|A||Increase in MCQs on Problems rather than Theory.Few Lengthy or Difficult MCQs.Those MCQs will kill a lot of time.Students will stick at those MCQs, and they will also get disturbed psychologically||1. Don’t ignore MCQs on Problems.
2. Try to read the MCQ twice before answering.
3. Try to answer such lengthy and complicated MCQs at the end.
4. You must save some time in M.Law subject, MCQs on Theory in Accounts and must spend that time on Accounts.
5. That is why we started doing the same in Revision exams also.
|B||Confusion in Journal entries||1. Try to revise entries for a number of times in Fast track materials provided by us.
2. Think twice while answering MCQs related to Journal entries.
3. Our advice is to revise the entries every day, at least for 15 to 30 minutes.
|C||Calculation mistakes while solving MCQs on Problems||1. Calculator practice.
2. Do complex calculations at least twice before answering.
|D||MCQs on Theory – Wrong interpretation of the question.||Read the question at least twice before coming to a conclusion.|
|E||Few complicated chapters in Book 3 – they are important and have highest weightage in the examination||1. Acquire expert knowledge in those chapters.
2. Refer those chapters for multiple times.
3. Don’t ignore even a single concept in those chapters.
4. Try to solve each and every problem on paper. If not possible at least solve important problems.
5. Also, pay more attention to chapters which are not there at Intermediate level.
|F||Huge syllabus||1. It is tough to become an expert in all the chapters.
2. Plan your preparation in order of priority.
How to Prepare CPT Accounts in this Last Few Days?
1 In these last few days, you need not focus on Problems. You can directly start your preparation from MCQs on problems and MCQs on Theory.
2. In the case of Theory part – no need to read question and answers given in the main material. Simply, read Fast track notes given for theory in fast track material. Then you prepare MCQs on theory given in the main material.
3. In the case of Accounts subject, most of the students are just referring to the Material and Notes as if it is a theory subject. If you revise in that way, you will definitely feel that you can answer all the questions. But this is not the way to revise this subject. You must solve the MCQs on your own in a separate notebook. At this moment you have to solve only important ones which you have not striked off earlier. It is impossible to solve all the MCQs at this moment.
4. The most important area to be concentrated in Accounts subject is Journal Entries. If you get thorough with journal entries, then you can understand all the chapters very easily. In every chapter, you will learn some new entries. So, concentrate more on entries in each For your convenience, we have provided all of them in our fast track material. For your practice, we have also provided some additional entries in the material itself (at the end of the 1st chapter). Also, practice those entries. As and when you find some free time, try to memorize the entries given in the fast track material.
5. Give a lot of importance to the chapters of Company Accounts, Capital & Revenue Expenditure, as they got updated.
6. Chapters to be concentrated more – Final Accounts, Partnership Accounts, Company Accounts & Accounting an Introduction
Here we are providing CPT Accounts Chapter wise weightage details and Most repeated models in CPT accounts in previous exams. You should also focus on complicated models in CPT accounts.
|Most repeated models in the exam||Complicated models to be focused more|
|1||Journal||3 to 5||T: Introduction, Accounts to be Debited/Credited; Nature of Accounts; Journal Entries||T: Odd one Out, nature of Accounts
P: Journal Entries
|2||Ledger||0 to 2||T: Introduction
P: Problems on Balances of Accounts
|T: Introduction, Accounts, and their balances|
|0 to 1||T: Subsidiary Books & Nature Of Transactions, Ledger postings
P: Problems on sales tax
|T: ledger postings, others (Debit and Credit note, taxes)
P: Problems on Slat Tax
|4||Cash Book||0 to 2||T: Introduction; Petty Cash Book, Three column cash book||T: three column Cash Book|
|5||BRS||2 to 4||T: Introduction
P: Problems on Amount To Be Added/Subtracted
|T: Add or less, amended Cash book
P: Amount to be added / subtracted
|6||Trial Balance||0 to 1||T: Introduction||T: Problems on preparation of Trial Balance|
|6 to 10||Final Accounts – 1
T: Balance Sheet; Trading A/C, P & L a/c
P: Problems on Trading A/C; Problems on P & L A/C, Adjustments, Balance sheet
P: Balance sheet, Adjustments
|Final Accounts – 2
T: Direct & Indirect Expenses classification
P: Problems on cost of raw materials
|T: Prime cost, Factory cost or Production cost, By-products
P: Problem on Cost of goods manufacture, prime cost, No.of units produced
|3 to 5||T: Introduction, Journal Entries
P: Problems on Calculation Of Interest/Discount; Problems on Due Date, Accommodation bills
P: Problem on Accommodation Bills
|2 to 6||T: Introduction
P: Problems on Abnormal Loss; Problems on Normal Loss, closing stock, commission
|T: Journal Entries
P: Problem on Commission, Closing stock, profit on consignment, normal loss
|11||Joint Venture||0 to 2||T: Introduction
P: Problems on Profit on Joint Venture; Problems on Final settlement
|T: Memorandum J.V method
P: Problem on Final settlement
|1 to 3||T: Introduction, Techniques of Inventory Valuation
P: Problems on Techniques of Inventory Valuation, others
|P: Problem on Stock taking, Inventory Valuation Techniques|
|13||Goods sent on
sale or return
|0 to 1||T: Ordinary sale method (First Model),
Separate Day book method
P: Problems on Ordinary sale method
|T: Ordinary Sale Method|
|1 to 3||T: Introduction (MCQ’s on theory)||T: Difference between Capital & Revenue Expenditure|
assets & liabilities
|1 to 2||T: Introduction (MCQ’s on theory)|
|16||Depreciation||3 to 6||T: Introduction; WDV Method,
P: Problems on SLM, WDV, Some of the years; Problems on Profit or loss on sale of assets,
|T: Sinking fund method
P: Sinking fund method , W.D.V method
|2 to 3||T: Effect On Trial Balance; Effect On Profit, nature of Errors, Rectification
|T : Effect on Profit , Effect on trial balance|
|6 to 10||T: Introduction To Partnership Accounts ; Treatment Of Goodwill , Admission of Partner , depth of partner
P: Problem on Partnership Introduction , Treatment Of Goodwill ; Admission Of A Partner, Retirement of Partner
|T : Journal Entries on Admission / retirement
P: Method of Goodwill valuation, Treatment of JLP, Revaluation A/C, Ratio Calculation.
Accounts – 1
|8 to 11||T: Issue of shares; Forfeiture of shares,
P: Problems on Issue of shares; Problems on Forfeiture of shares, Re issue of Forfeitures, Disclosure of items relating to issue of shares in final a/c’s
|P: Forfeiture of shares Re-issues of Forfeiture shares, Calculation of Capital Reserve|
Accounts – 2
|1 to 4||T: Introduction
P: Problems on Capital Redemption Reserve; Problems on No. of shares to be issued for Redemption of preference shares, Different types of Debentures
|T: Calculation of CRR|
|4 to 7||T: Accounting Concepts, Principles & Conventions; Meaning & Scope of Accounting, Accounting Standards , Policies||T: Accounting concepts, Conventions.|
Be careful with these type of MCQ’s in CPT accounts exam.
- Which of the following Statements are True / Not True / False / Not False.
- Items to be Debited / Not to be Debited, Credited / Not to be Credited.
- Which is not a Personal / Real / Nominal Account.
- Which is not an Asset (or) not a Liability?
- Which is not an income (or) not an Expenditure.
- Which shows / does not show debit / credit balance
- Which comes / does not comes in Trading a/c / Profit and Loss account / Balance sheet.
- Which is shown / not shown in which subsidiary journal?
- Is Articleship Important For CA Students
- What are the Objectives and Functions of Reserve Bank of India?
- Small Scale Industries in India : Definition and Small Scale Business Ideas
- SBI Account Transfer : How to Transfer SBI Account From One Branch to Another
- EDC (Card Swipe) Machine : How to Use, Order, Price, Charges in India
- What are the Primary and Secondary Functions of Commercial Banks?
- SBI Balance Enquiry : How to Check SBI Account balance in Different ways?
- How to Block SBI ATM Card through Online, SMS, Customer Care
- CA CPT Result Dec 2017 | 17th January 2018 | icaiexam.icai.org
- ICAI Verification of Marks | CA CPT, IPCC and CA Final Nov/Dec 2017
Hope this article will help you to check the details of How to Prepare CA CPT Accounts in 30 Days. Share this article ” How to Pass CA CPT Accounts in 30 Days For June 2018 ” to your friends who are studying CA CPT.