How to Check EPF Withdrawal/Claim Status? In the previous articles, we have given Latest EPF Withdrawal Rules 2016 Which You Should Know and How to Claim EPF without Employer’s Sign. Today we are going to discuss how to know EPF claim status or PF withdrawal status online. You can check your EPF withdrawal /Claim status online in a few minutes, sitting across in any part of the country. The government has made it easier to check the claim status online. It has digitized the EPFO portal. Through this portal you can get your claim status instantly in few steps. For this, you only have to know your PF (Provident Fund) Account Number.
- At the time of taking retirement (55 years)
- After 60 days of unemployment
- If you are going abroad on permanent employment, you can apply for PF withdrawal immediately after leaving/resigning from the job (or)
- A female employee can make an early withdrawal (full PF balance) if she is resigning from the service for the purpose of getting married or on account of pregnancy/childbirth.
You can submit EPF Withdrawal forms to your employer. In case, you have active UANand your KYC details have been verified by your employer then you can submit New UAN based PF withdrawal forms, directly to the EPFO (employer signature/attestation is not required).
After submitting the EPF withdrawal application, To check your EPF Claim status Online:
The ‘online provident fund claim status’ is a good facility to track the status of your Provident Fund (PF) withdrawal application. You need to have your EPF account number to track the status online. You can find this in your Payslip or you can contact your HR to know your PF number.
EPF Account Number New Format:
New Region Code / EPFO Office code / Establishment code / EPF account number is the new format.
For example – AP /TS / 3456789 / 9876543. AP stands for Andhra Pradesh, TS stands for Telangana PF office, 3456789 stands for Establishment code & 9876543 is your EPF account number.
Steps to check EPF Claim Status or Withdrawal Status:
Step 1 – Go to the link – http://www.epfindia.com/site_en/KYCS.php.
Select by clicking on ‘Click Here For Knowing The Claim Status‘
Step 2 – Select PF office State. Then choose the location of the EPFO office
Example – Here PF Office State is “DELHI” and EPFO office is “DELHI (NORTH)”
Step 3: After selecting the ‘State’, list of EPF regional offices will be displayed. If you know the region, select the concerned Office Name. Kindly note that the ‘Office Code’ and ‘Region Code’ sections will get filled automatically with relevant data.
- Next, you need to type in the Establishment Code of your Employer in the 3rd box. This code has maximum 7 digits.
- If there is any extension or sub-code for the establishment code, you need to fill it in the 4th box. If there is no extension or sub-code, you can leave the field blank.
- Next, fill in your EPF Account number which is a maximum of 7 digits long in the 5th box.
- Click on Submit button to get the EPF Claim status. The status message indicates any discrepancy in document and application. The status message may also show the action taken by the EPFO with regard to your claim. The exact EPFO claim status helps you to monitor your PF withdrawal claim.
In case if you have only your EPF Account number with you and do not have the details of Establishment code or Region Code, you can get these details based on your Company name too.
Check EPF withdrawal/claim status offline:
It is the traditional method to check the EPF withdrawal or claim a status of an employee. For this, you have to go to the concerned EPFO office.
- Take the form from EPF office.
- Fill the form accordingly.
- Submit it to the office.
- Wait for days to get your claim status.
Clearly, there is a great difference between the traditional method and modern digital method. You can get your withdrawal status online at the click of the mouse. But in offline you have to wait for days and months for the same claim.
Suggested Articles :
- Check the Difference Between PAN, TAN, DSC, DIN and TIN.
- How to Check EPF Claim status (or) PF Withdrawal Status online?
- How to Check Your Income Tax Refund Status Online | Process
- TDS Rates For FY 2016-2017 and AY 2017-2018 | TDS Rate Chart
- Form 26AS : How to View and Download Your Tax Credit Statement
- Forms 15G and 15H to Save TDS on Interest Income
- Income Tax Form 16 | How it is Useful for us | How to Get it
- How to Calculate (Tax Deducted at Source) TDS on Salary
- How to Register and File Income Tax Returns on Incometaxindiaefiling
- Provident Fund (EPF) Transfer and Withdrawal Process Online
Hope this article will help you to understand how to check – EPF / EPFO withdrawal claim status online. Share this article ” 3 Easy Steps to Verify your EPF Withdrawal/Claim Status” to your friends.