|Bank||Description||Interest rate||Max Limit|
- The bank offers the Kisan Credit Card and Kisan Shakti Yojana Scheme. The Kisan Credit Card is a unique scheme for farmers. Through this card, farmers can draw a cash loan for crop production as well as domestic needs from the card-issuing branch within the sanctioned limit.
- The Kisan Shakti Yojana provides farm investment credit. In addition, it provides personal or domestic loans including repayment of debt to moneylenders. The permissible loan limit will be 50 per cent of the value of land or 5 times the net farm income, whichever is lower, less the outstanding amount, if any, in Agril.
|13.10%||50K – 7.5L|
- The bank provides facilities to farmers like AB Kisan Vikas Card, AB Pattabhi Agricard, AB Kisan Chakra. Additionally, it provides funding for rural godowns, Agri clinics, agri-service centers, self-help groups and solar cookers. They also provide other schemes such as Kisan Sampathi, tractor financing, Kisan Green Card, Surya Sakti and loans to dairy agents.
| || |
|Bank of Baroda|
- BoB offers farmers the Baroda Kisan Credit Card. Also, the bank has schemes for the purchase of agricultural implements, heavy agricultural machines like tractors, irrigation, and other infrastructure. Bank of Baroda also finances the development of agro-industries like horticulture, sericulture, fisheries, dairy, and poultry.
|11.35% – 14.35%||20K – 2L|
|Bank of India|
- BOI has a Kisan Credit Card Scheme. It helps farmers raise short-term funds for agriculture and other farm-based activities, on an on-going basis, with very flexible and friendly repayment terms. It also offers an agricultural loan for development of agriculture related industries, purchase of machinery and other agricultural purposes.
|13% – 14.5%||10K – 5L|
|Bank of Maharashtra|
- The bank offers agriculturists a Mahabank Kisan Credit Card. Additionally, it provides financial schemes for digging new wells, purchasing harvesters, livestock, vehicles, and land. Repayment terms for different agricultural loans range from three to fifteen years.
- CB provides Kisan Credit Cards. Limits up to 50,000 have no margin while those above 50,000 have a margin of 15 to 20 percent. Other than this, Canara Bank provides a wide array of financial schemes for different agricultural purposes.
|Central Bank of India|
- The Central Kisan Credit Card is a specific credit service. The bank provides the farmers this service on the basis of their holdings for purchasing agricultural inputs. Only those farmers having a good track record for the past 2 years with the bank as a borrower or depositor and who are not defaulters to any credit institution can apply for the loans.
- CB offers a range of loan schemes to farmers. They are the Corp Gram Mitra Yojana, Corp Arthias Loan Yojana, Corp Kisan Tie-Up Loan Scheme, Corp Kisan Farm Mechanisation Scheme and Corp Kisan Vehicle Loan Yojna.
| || |
- Dena Bank has sponsored 2 Regional Rural Banks namely Dena Gujarat Gramin Bank in Gujarat and Durg Rajnandgaon Gramin Bank (DRGB) in Chhattisgarh. The bank has set up a Rural Development Foundation for training unemployed youth in rural areas. Other financial schemes of the bank are the Dena Swacch Gram Yojana, Dena Kisan Gold Credit Card Scheme, and the Dena Bhumiheen Kisan Credit Card Scheme.
|13.00% – 14.00%||15K – 1L|
- IB has a wide range of schemes for agriculturalists such as Swarojgar Credit Card, Gramin Mahila Sowbhagya Scheme, Kisan Bike Loan Scheme, Yuva Kisan Vidya Nidhi Yojana and Indian Bank Kisan Card Scheme.
|12.65% to 13.65%||50K Max|
- IOB offers a number of agribusiness consultancy services. It includes conducting feasibility and market studies, preparation of detailed project reports and formulation of rehabilitation packages for sick agro units.
| || |
|Oriental Bank of Commerce|
- It has two agricultural projects – the Grameen Project and the Comprehensive Village Development Programme. The Grameen Project involves disbursing small loans ranging from Rs.75 onwards to mostly women. The bank also provides training in villages in using the locally available raw material to produce pickles and jams.
- The Comprehensive Village Development Programme focuses on providing an integrated package of rural finance to villagers to build up their village.
|10.85% – 11.85%||50 K – 10 L|
|Punjab and Sind Bank|
- PSB offers a range of financial schemes for farmers. It includes the Zimidara Credit Card, tractor finance scheme, drip irrigation scheme, Kheti Udyog Khazana Yojana, vermicomposting scheme etc. In addition, it provides funding for horticulture clinic and private veterinary clinic with the dairy unit scheme.
| || |
|Punjab National Bank|
- This bank has a special website called PNB Krishi for agriculturalists. It gives details on crop practices, plant protection, farm machinery, market prices and other farming news and activities. The website provides a list of financial schemes on production credit, investment credit, composite loans, animal husbandry and farm mechanization.
- SB offers a wide range of agricultural loan products. The list includes the Synd Jai Kisan Loan Scheme, Jewel Loan Scheme for Agriculture, Syndicate Farm House Scheme etc. Additionally, it provides finance for Hi-tech Agriculture, Development of Irrigation Infrastructure scheme, Syndicate 2/3/4 Wheelers Scheme and the Syndicate Kisan Credit Card (S.K.C.C).
| || |
- This Bank provides the UCO Hirak Jayanti Krishi Yojana to meet the long-term credit needs of the farming community. The bank provides funding in rural areas for agriculture and allied activities as well as for personal purposes. However, only farmers below 60 years are eligible to apply. Minimum quantum of the loan is Rs.25,000/- and the maximum is Rs.5 lakhs.
|11.35% – 11.60%||10L Max|
|Union Bank of India|
- The bank provides facilities like Kisan ATM Cards and special Kisan ATM Machines. These ATM’s are easy to operate and do not require farmers to have a high level of literacy. They are voice enabled in the local language. Additionally, the ATMs have a touch screen monitor and work on a biometric authentication system like fingerprint verification.
|United Bank of India|
- The range of financial schemes offered to agriculturalists includes the United Krishi Laghu Paribahan Yojana, United Krishi Sahayak Yojana, United Gramyashree Yojana, Gramin Bhandaran Yojana and the United Bhumiheen Kisan Credit Card.
| || |
- This bank offers one comprehensive financial scheme known as the Vijaya Krishi Vikas (VKV) Scheme. This scheme provides a simple package to farmers to meet entire agricultural credit requirements such as crop production, investment credit, and consumption credit. All farmers including owners, tenant cultivators, leased land farmers and sharecroppers are eligible for this scheme.
- NABARD stands for National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development. The organization is responsible for refinancing disbursement to commercial banks, State cooperative banks, State cooperatives, rural development banks, Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) and other eligible financial institutions.
- Additionally, it sanctions money through the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund for different projects. Generally, the list includes irrigation, rural roads and bridges, health and education, soil conservation and drinking water schemes. NABARD also offers a Kisan Credit Card Scheme and crop loans under the Rashtriya Krishi Bima Yojana.