What is WiFi, Types, How does WiFi Work, Advantages and Disadvantages?. In the previous articles, we have given How does RAM work and How does VPN work? Today we are discussing wi-fi meaning, how wifi works, types of wi-fi, advantages, and disadvantages.WiFi stands for Wireless Fidelity and is the same thing as saying WLAN which stands for “Wireless Local Area Network.” Wi-Fi is a popular wireless networking technology. Wi-Fi stands for “wireless fidelity”. The Wi-Fi was invented by NCR corporation/AT&T in Netherlands in 1991. By using this technology we can exchange the information between two or more devices. Wi-Fi has been developed for mobile computing devices, such has laptops, but it is now extensively using for mobile applications and consumer electronics like televisions, DVD players, and digital cameras. There should be two possibilities in communicating with the Wi-Fi connection that may be through
There should be two possibilities in communicating with the Wi-Fi connection that may be an access point to the client connection or client to client connection. Wi-Fi is one type of wireless technology. It is commonly called as wireless LAN (local area network). Wi-Fi allows local area networks to operate without cable and wiring.
How Does Wi-Fi Work?
WiFi works off of the same principal as other wireless devices – it uses radio frequencies to send signals between devices. The radio frequencies are completely different say from walkie-talkies, car radios, cell phones, and weather radios.
Wi-Fi currently carries more than 60% of the world’s Internet traffic. Interestingly enough, this great achievement is basically done with radio waves, though it’s a little more complicated than your car stereo. Unlike the FM receiver in your car, Wi-Fi is essentially two radios communicating back and forth that use lower power and broadcast over a much shorter distance. These two radios let web users download data from the Internet as well as upload information — even just submitting addresses via your browser counts in this two-way communication.
Wi-Fi also has a number of security features. To access the network, users must have a password for WPA2, also known as Wi-Fi Protected Access (the 2 represents the fact that this feature is in its second generation). This is where you put in your password to get onto the Wi-Fi network. There’s another security feature called Advanced Encryption Standard (better known as AES) that was developed by the U.S. government to keep data safe as it transmits from one device to the other.
Useful Facts About How Wi-Fi Works
- Wireless Broadband Routers Are Also Wi-Fi Access Points
- Wi-Fi Connections Do Not Require an Access Point
- Not All Wi-Fi Types Are Compatible
- Wi-Fi Connection Speed Varies With Distance
4 Major types of WIFI technologies.
- 802.11a is the one of a series of wireless technology.
- That defines the format and structure of the radio signals sent out by WI-FI networking routers and antennas.
- 802.11b is the one of a series of wireless technology. 802. 11b support bandwidth 11mbps.
- The signal in unregulated frequency spectrum around 2.4 GHz.
- This is a low frequency compared with Wi-Fi-802.11a means it is working reasonable distance.
- It is low-cost; signal range is good using home appliance.
- It is the best technology of 802.11a and 802.11b.
- The 802.11 b support bandwidth up to 54mbps and it use a 2.4 GHz frequency for greater range.
- This cost is more than 802.11b. It is fast accessing and maximum speed.
- The 802.11n is the newest WIFI technology.
- It was designed to improve on 802.11g.
- The amount of bandwidth supported by utilizing multiple wireless signals and antennas instead of one.
- It supports 100 Mbps bandwidth and increased signal intensity.
- We can also connect the internet via hotspots
- Wi-Fi setup and configuration is easy than cabling process
- We can connect the internet wirelessly
- Wireless laptop can be moved from one place to another place
- Wi-Fi network communication devices without wire can reduce the cost of wires.
- It is completely safe and it will not interfere with any network
- Wi-Fi implementation is very expensive when compared to the wired connection
- There are some limits to transfer the data, we can’t able to transfer the data for long distance
- We must disconnect the Wi-Fi connection whenever we are not using the server
- Wi-Fi generates radiations which can harm the human health.
- What is WiFi, Types, How does WiFi Work and Advantages
- 35 Unique Most Profitable Food Business Ideas in 2017
- National Tree of India (Banyan) : Features, Significance and Uses
- How to Become a Paytm Seller | Step by Step Procedure
- How to Start a School in India | Procedure, Documents Required
- Types of Soil in India | Check 6 Major Types of Soil Classified by ICAR
- Small Scale Industries in India : Definition and Small Scale Business Ideas
- Essay on Corruption : How to Fight against Corruption in India
- National Income : Definition, Concepts and Methods of Measuring
- What are the Major Elements of Communication Process?
Hope this article will help you to check what is wifi, how it’s work. Share this article ” What is WiFi, Types, How does WiFi Work and Advantages ” to your friends.