How to Apply For New Pan Card Online | Application Form. Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a code that acts as an identification for Indian nationals, especially those who pay Income Tax. It is a unique, 10-character alphanumeric identifier, issued to all judicial entities identifiable under the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961. An example number would be in the form of ARLPA1298H. It is issued by the Indian Income tax department. under the supervision of the Central Board for Direct taxes(CBDT) and it also serves as an important proof of identification.
It is also issued to foreign nationals (such as investors) subject to a valid visa and hence, it is not acceptable as a proof of Indian citizenship.
The PAN is mandatory for a majority of financial transactions such as opening a bank account, receiving taxable salary or professional fees, sale or purchase of assets above specified limits etc.; especially high-value transactions.
The primary purpose of the PAN is to bring a universal identification to all financial transactions and to prevent tax evasion by keeping track of monetary transactions, especially those of high-net-worth individuals who can impact the economy.
The PAN is unique to each individual and is valid for the life time of the holder, throughout India. An important point to note would be that once issued, the PAN is not affected by a change of address.
NSDL/UTI Pan Card Form | Online Application Procedure
If you want to apply for new Pan card you should fill form 49A. There are two organizations providing Pan Card services in India. They are NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) and UTI (Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited). NSDL and UTI Both are providing online as well as offline PAN Card services in India. So you can apply for pan card either from UTI or NSDL. But applicant should apply for Pan from which is nearest of applicant location. Both the company take same processing time for PAN Application. But NSDL has more office and franchise in India.
Click on the links to apply for PAN card online.
Click on the link to download PAN card application form (Offline)
Now you can submit the form and you have to pay Rs 107 fees to process your PAN Application online/offline.
Steps to apply for Pan card :
1. Click on above links for Pan card form
2. Enter your details I;e Name, Gender, Date of birth, Father name, Address, Phone number, Your status (Example: Individual), Aadhar number, Source of income etc.
3. Attach Proof of Identity, Proof of Address and Proof of Date of Birth documents.
|Read: Which documents should be accepted as proof of identity, Address, and date of birth|
4. Finally, you have to pay 107 Rs for Pan card.
(1) If communication Address is within India
(a). The fee for processing PAN application is 107.00 ( 93.00 + 15.00% service tax).
(b). Payment can be made either by
- Demand Draft
- Credit Card / Debit Card
- Net Banking
(c) If any of addresses i.e. office address or residential address is a foreign address, the payment can be made only by way of Credit Card / Debit card and Demand Draft payable at Mumbai.
(2) If communication Address is outside India
(a). The fee for processing PAN application is 994.00[ (Application fee 93.00 + Dispatch Charges 771.00) + 15.00% service tax].
(b). Payment can be made only by way of Credit Card / Debit card and Demand Draft payable at Mumbai.
(c). At present the facility for dispatch of PAN cards outside India is available for a selected list of countries. Applicants from other countries may contact NSDL at the contact details given in point (ac) below.
(3) Demand draft shall be in favour of ‘NSDL – PAN’.
(4) Name of the applicant and the acknowledgment number should be mentioned on the reverse of the demand draft.
(5) Demand draft shall be payable at Mumbai, to be sent to NSDL.
(6) Credit card / Debit card / Net banking payment
Persons authorized to make credit card / debit card / net banking payment are as below:
|Category of Applicant||Payment by Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking can be made by / for|
|Individual||Self, immediate family members (parents, spouse, children)|
|HUF||Karta of the HUF|
|Company||Any Director of the Company|
|Firm / Limited Liability Partnership||Any Partner of the Firm / Limited Liability Partnership|
|Association of Person(s) / Body of Individuals / Trust / Artificial Juridical Person / Local Authority||Authorized Signatory covered under section 140 of Income Tax Act, 1961|
- Applicants making online payment using credit card / debit card will be charged an additional charge of upto 2% (plus applicable taxes) of application fee by the bank providing gateway facility. Additionally, the conversion/exchange rates may also be levied by the card issuing bank, as per prevailing rates.
- Applicants making payment through Net Banking facility will be charged an additional surcharge of 4.00 + service tax for payment gateway facility.
- On successful credit card / debit card / net banking payment, acknowledgement will be displayed. Applicant shall save and print the acknowledgement and send it to NSDL.
7. Applicant shall select appropriate mode of payment and fill relevant details in the application.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) on Pan Card Form 49A
1) What is Form 49A ?
Form 49A is a Application for Allotment of Permanent Account Number in case of Indian Citizen/ Indian Companies/Entities incorporated in India/Unincorporated entities formed in India
2) Can an application for PAN be made in old Form 49A?
No, application for PAN can be made only in new Form 49A notified by Central Board of Direct Taxes on
3) What are the Key features of Form 49A
- Two Passport size Photos required
- Left side photo with signature/thumb impression across this photo, in case of Thumb impression should be attested by a Notary Public or an authorized officer in respective country of residence under official seal and stamp.
- Right side photo with a signature / thumb impression below the photograph
Full Name :
Individuals: A separate provision for writing Full Name in case of Individuals given (Refer Instructions)
For Non-Individuals : NI should write their full name starting from the first block of Last Name./Surname , if name is longer than the space provided for the last name, it can be continued in the space provided for the first and Middle name. (Refer Instructions
Address : Pin code/Zip code along with country Name to be mentioned
Status of the applicant: Additional 2 categories included: i.e Government & LLP
4) Which documents will serve as proof of ‘Identity’ in case of Individual applicants, including minors and HUF applicants for Form 49A ?
For proof of Identity:
- Elector’s photo identity card Or
- Ration card having photograph of the applicant Or
- Passport Or
- Driving license Or
- Arm’s license Or
- AADHAAR card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India Or
- Photo identity card issued by the Cental Government or a State Government or a Public Sector Undertaking Or
- Pensioner Card having photograph of the applicant Or
- Central Government Health Scheme Card or Ex-servicemen Contributory Health Scheme photo card Or
Proof of Identity ( Original )
- Certificate of identity in original signed by a Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councillor or a Gazetted officer as the case may be; Or
- Bank certificate in original on letter head from the branch ( alongwith name & stamp of the issuing officer) containing duly attested photograph and bank account number of applicant.
In case of a person being a minor, any of the above documents of any of the parents or guardian of such minor shall be deemed to be the proof of identity and address
For HUF an affidavit by the Karta of Hindu Undivided Family stating name, father’s name and address of all the coparceners on the date of application and copy of any of the above-mentioned documents in the name of Karta of HUF is required as proof of identity, address and date of birth
5) What is proof of ‘Address’ for Individual applicants, including minors and HUF applicants for Form 49A?
For proof of Address :
Copy of the following documents not more than three months old –
- Electricity Bill Or
- Landline telephone or broadband connection bill Or
- Water bill Or
- Consumer gas connection card or book or piped gas bill Or
- Bank Account Statement or as per Note 3 Or
- Depository Account Statement Or
- Credit Card Statement
Copy of –
- Post office passbook having address of the applicant Or
- Passport Or
- Passport of the spouse Or
- Elector’s photo identity card Or
- Latest property tax assessment order Orb Driving License Or
- Domicile certificate issued by the Government Or
- AADHAAR Card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India Or
- Allotment letter of accommodation issued by the Central Government or State Government of not more than three years old Or
- Property registration document Or
Proof of address ( Original ) :
- Certificate of Address signed by a Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councillor or a Gazetted Officer, as the case may be Or
- Employer certificate in original
In case the PAN applicant is a minor, any of above documents of any of the parents or guardian of such minor shall serve as proof of Address;
In case of an Indian Citizen residing outside India, copy of Bank Account statement in country of residence or copy of Non-resident External bank account statements shall be the proof of address
6) Which documents will serve as proof of ‘Date of Birth ‘ in case of Individual applicants, including minors and HUF applicants for Form 49A ?
- Birth certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or any office authorised to issue Birth and Death Certificate by the Registrar of Birth and Deaths or the Indian Consulate as defined in clause (d) of sub section(1) of section 2 of the Citizenship Act, 1955(57 of 1955); or
- Pension payment order; or
- Marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriages; or
- Matriculation certificate; or
- Passport or
- Driving license or
- Domicile certificate issued by the Government or
- Affidavit sworn before a magistrate stating the date of birth.
7) Which documents will serve as proof of Identity and Address for other applicants?
|Company||Copy of Certificate of Registration issued by the Registrar of Companies|
|Partnership Firm||Copy of Certificate of Registration issued by the Registrar of Firms or Copy of partnership deed|
|Limited Liability Partnership||Copy of Certificate of Registration issued by the Registrar of LLPs|
|Trust||Copy of trust deed or copy of certificate of registration number issued by Charity Commissioner|
|Association of Person, Body of Individuals, Local Authority, or Artificial Juridical Person||Copy of Agreement Or Copy of certificate of registration number issued by Charity Commissioner or registrar of co-operative society or any other competent authority or any other document originating from any Central of Stage Government Department establishing identity and address of such person|
8) Are there any charges to be paid at IT PAN Service Centers?
UTIITSL has been authorized to collect a processing charge of Rs. 107/- ( including service tax ) per PAN application and this includes cost of new tamper proof PAN card. This amount will have to be paid in cash at IT PAN Service Center for purchase of a coupon having a distinctive number that will have to be affixed on Form 49A. In case, the PAN card is to be dispatched outside India then additional dispatch charge of Rs 887/- will have to be paid by applicant.
9) Can Form 49A be filled on a typewriter?
Yes. But typing should be in CAPITAL letters with good impression
10) What if I submit incomplete Form 49A?
IT PAN Service Centers will assist applicants to correctly fill up form 49A, but shall not receive any incomplete and deficient PAN application.
11) Is it compulsory to mention telephone numbers on Form 49A?
Telephone number is not mandatory, but if provided it may help in faster communication. If mentioned STD/ISD code is mandatory.
- How to Check EPF Claim status (or) PF Withdrawal Status online?
- Udyog Aadhar | MSME Online Registration Procedure
- Latest EPF Withdrawal Rules 2016 Which You Should Know
- Check the Difference Between PAN, TAN, DSC, DIN and TIN.
- Trademark Registration Process in India | Trademark Search
- New EPF Withdrawal Forms 19, 10C, 31 Claim without Employer’s Sign
- Forms 15G and 15H to Save TDS on Interest Income
- Income Tax Form 16 | How it is Useful for us | How to Get it
- How to Calculate (Tax Deducted at Source) TDS on Salary
- How to Register and File Income Tax Returns on Incometaxindiaefiling
Hope this article will help you to check the details of How to Apply For New Pan Card Online | Application Form. Share this article ” How to Apply For New Pan Card Online | Application Form ” to your friends who are going to apply for PAN Card.