How to Improve Concentration in Studies | Guide For CA CMA CS Students. In previous article, we have given 9 Study Habits of Successful CA CMA CS Students and How to Develop a Good Memory ? For CA CMA CS Students. Today we are providing an article about ” How to Improve Concentration in Studies “. A few quick tips for our young buds to make their parents and teachers proud with good grades. Meditation is the secret to boosting concentration power and memory in studies.
It’s the history period in class. Your textbook is open right in front of you. You are looking at it without reading a word. The teacher seems to be drilling some foreign language into your brain. You are physically there but your mind is elsewhere.
A common, everyday scenario in school? How easy is it to be gripped by an interesting comic or a mystery novel than to put your mind to books, especially of subjects which you are not too fond of? How can we afford to remain glued to our favorite TV show, without blinking an eye, yet not read even one paragraph to the end from a seemingly boring research study or technical report?
Poor concentration is a common complaint by parents and teachers alike, and our all- time enemy. And the worst is, it evades us when we need it the most – studying at night for an important exam the following day, for instance. Well, now there’s a sure shot solution to this problem: a simple technique called meditation.
Several research studies have shown that regular practice of meditation can help increase attention and sustain it, even during boring tasks. To quote one such research, a study conducted at the University of Pennsylvania showed that even a few minutes of daily meditation can help improve focus and performance.
So there are many tips on how meditation can be your savior during those most critical times when you need to be extremely attentive.
Here are a few that we propose !!
How to Improve Concentration in Studies | CA CMA CS
1. Study in a quiet place that is free from distractions and interruptions. Try to create a space designated solely for studying.
2. Make a study schedule that shows what tasks you need to accomplish and when you plan to accomplish each task. This will provide you with the structure you need for effective studying.
3. Try to study at that time of the day you work best. Some people work well early in the morning, others late at night. You know what works best for you.
4. Make sure, you are not tired and/or hungry when you study. Otherwise, you won’t have the energy you need to concentrate. Also, maintain your physical fitness.
5. Don’t try to do two tasks at the same time. You won’t be able to concentrate on either. Concentration means focusing on one thing to the exclusion of all else.
6. Break large tasks into series of smaller tasks that you can complete one at a time. If you try to complete a large task all at once, you may feel overwhelmed and will not be able to maintain your concentration.
7. Relax; it’s hard to concentrate when you’re tense. It’s important to relax when working on a task that requires concentration. Meditation is helpful to many students.
8. Clear your mind of worrisome thoughts. Mental poise is important for concentration. You can get distracted by your own thoughts. Monitor your thoughts and prevent yourself from following any that take you off track. Don’t daydream.
9. Develop an interest in what you are studying. Try to relate what you are studying to your own life to make it as meaningful as possible. This can motivate you to concentrate.
10. Take breaks whenever you feel fatigued. There is no set formula for when to take breaks. You will know when you need to take a break.
11. Studying without concentration is like trying to fill a bucket with water when the bucket has a hole in its bottom. It doesn’t work.
Equally Relevant Aspects
Develop Deep Love, Interest and Respect for Learning
This is a matter of emotions and attitudes. Most students are in love with something or the other. So is the case with interest and respect. They respect their parents and other elders, teachers and other well-wishers. Similarly, they can be presumed to have a few interests or hobbies, capacity for emotions like love, interest and respect are thus in the blood of most humans, including students. Thus, with a little effort, it should be possible for students to develop a deep love, interest and respect for their studies and different subjects. It is only a matter of extending the above mentioned emotions to studies which are in fact more critical than everything else for their survival and success in life.
Keep your Mind Open and Healthy
Our mind has an enormous capacity for absorbing knowledge, ideas and information. Therefore, one should not foreclose any opportunity for learning new things or relearning already known matters. Students, especially, should be receptive and responsive to acquire the required amount of knowledge. An open, receptive and healthy mind is a prerequisite for concentration on studies. A regular meditation for a few minutes may help the student to train the mind to remain cool, calm, clean and clear.
Keep yourself Physically Fit
Physical fitness and health are one of the essential pre-requisites for concentration on studies, as for any other activities. If you are physically fit, your mind will also be alert and active. The secret of keeping oneself physically fit and healthy is very simple: eat healthy and energy-giving food in moderate quantity at regular intervals. Do regular physical exercises including Yoga Asanas, brisk walking or jogging, deep breathing etc. for a brief period daily. These exercises will also help reduce your physical and mental strain and stress and maintain your equilibrium.
Need for Relaxation and Recreation
The mind should not be kept too busy all the time, whether on studies or something else. It is necessary to allow the mind to liberate itself from serious matters for a while at regular intervals; relaxation, rest and recreation are like rich food for mind since they infuse the much needed energy and freshness. There are several ways to experience relaxation and recreation: sleeping, deep breathing, watching useful educational programmes on TV, reading light novels and other general books, playing with children, early morning walk, visits to uncrowded places of worship etc. However, each student has his own concept of relaxation and recreation.
Suggested Articles :
- CA CPT and CA IPCC Online Classes From CAPrep18.com
- CA IPCC Result May 2017 | CA Results on 1st August 2017
- CA Final Toppers May 2017 Merit List Marks and Photos
- CA CPT Pass Percentage June 2017 | Caresults.nic.in
- CA Final Result May 2017 on 18th July 2017 | Caresults.nic.in (Today)
- CA CPT Result June 2017 | 18th July 2017 | icai.nic.in (Today)
- CA CPT Toppers Mark sheets Photos June 2017
- CA Final Pass Percentage May 2017 | Caresults
- Forgot Roll Number | How to Check CA CPT and CA Final Result May 2017
- CA CPT Question Paper with Answer Key June 2017(Available)
Hope this article will help you to know the details about How to Improve Concentration in Studies. Share this article ” How to Improve Concentration in Studies ” to your friends, who are studying CA, CMA and CS courses.